The dragons of Error and Darkness being strangled
by the hands of Science and Light.
Old College, University of Wales, Aberystwyth
The former Castle House built by architect John Nash was extended by Gothic revivalist architect J P Seddon as Castle Hotel before conversion into the University College of Wales in 1872 and even more development.
These splendid sculptures are just one of a myriad of Gothick architectural details on the building now known as the Old College.