Probably the only church in Wales dedicated to this East Anglian royal saint, St Edmunds, Crickhowell was founded around 1300 by Lady Sybil Pauncefote (née Sybil de Turberville) who also rebuilt Crickhowell castle in stone.
Largely restored in the Victorian period, it still retains some medieval features.
Gates and windows, Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire
Victorian reconstruction of north gate, the Roman fort at Cardiff Castle
It’s not known if the fort was Tamium (after the river Taff or Taf) or Bovium
Grill in door to keep, Cardiff Castle — probably Victorian rather than medieval
Bridge over stagnant waters:
wooden crossing to the 15th-century stone keep of Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire
Gatehouse, Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire
Raglan portals 3/3
A series of openings, Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire
Raglan portals 2/3