Probably the only church in Wales dedicated to this East Anglian royal saint, St Edmunds, Crickhowell was founded around 1300 by Lady Sybil Pauncefote (née Sybil de Turberville) who also rebuilt Crickhowell castle in stone.
Largely restored in the Victorian period, it still retains some medieval features.
The remains of an effigy of Sir Grimbald Pauncefote (died 1287) lies in a recess in the chancel of St Edmund’s church, Crickhowell.
Stream issuing by the church of St Issui, Partrishow, Powys
Partrishow graveyard, Powys, set in the Black Mountains
of the Brecon Beacons National Park — snowdrops indicate the season
Waterfall, Mwnt, Ceredigion
Interior of 16th-century chancel, Partrishow church, Powys from contemporary rood loft with 18th-century memorials on the wall and graveslabs in floor
Kissing gate, Partrishow medieval church, Powys
Early 20th porch leading to medieval church of Partrishow (also Patricio or Patrishow), Powys, the 11th century church of Saint Issui
The accent is on the middle syllable, so it sounds like a sneeze …
The spire of St Edmund’s, Crickhowell, Powys, in all weathers, come rain or …